Based on Naylor and Association Adviser’s 2023 report, associations are facing evolving challenges, including the importance of effectively communicating member benefits, the need for customized communications, and a multitude of association and member needs that require more attention.
MCLEAN, VA. – August 3, 2023 – Naylor Association Solutions, a leading provider of innovative association tools and services that strengthen member engagement and increase non-dues revenue, today unveiled the findings of its 2023 Association Benchmarking Report. The report analyzes survey data from hundreds of senior staff members at North American trade associations, professional societies and association management companies, providing an inside look at how associations are evolving in the areas of member engagement, communications, events, staffing and non-dues revenue. The survey was conducted from April 3, 2023 through May 7, 2023.
“We are excited to present the findings of our 12th annual Association Benchmarking Report, which captures the dynamic evolution of associations as they navigate the ever-changing environment,” said Christine Shaw, president and CEO of Naylor. “The data within this report offers actionable insights that will empower association leaders to make informed decisions and drive transformative strategies for their organizations.”
This year’s key findings include:
- Associations shifted away from social media when communicating with members, preferring to connect with members via direct email blasts and through the association’s website.
- The value of traditional conferences, trade show and face-to-face events increased 10 percentage points from last year, ranking as the most valuable member engagement tool while virtual events declined in popularity.
- For the first time in years, more than half feel they are staffed appropriately in most areas.
- For the first time in the survey’s history, the challenge of generating non-dues revenue topped all other obstacles faced by associations.
- LinkedIn was the only social media app listed in the Top 10 most valued engagement tools, as other apps fell in popularity.
- One-third of respondents list print and digital magazines as a crucial medium of engagement.
- Nine in 10 base event attendance as a primary indicator of membership engagement.
- More than half cite communicating benefits effectively as a challenge.
- More than half reported “generating non-dues revenue,” “communicating member benefits effectively,” and “engaging young professionals” as top challenges.
- Least concerning challenges included “keeping members informed about new events and continuing education, “providing mobile-friendly communications,” and “implementing career center and job board.”
To download the full 2023 Association Benchmarking Report, click here.
About Naylor and Association Adviser
Naylor Association Solutions is devoted to building stronger associations. As strategic partners to professional and trade associations in the U.S. and Canada, Naylor offers a comprehensive set of innovative association tools and services that strengthen member engagement and increase non-dues revenue. Our offerings include member communications, management of live and online meetings and events, online career centers, Association Management Software (AMS) and Member Data Platform (MDP) and full-service association management. Naylor’s team supports its clients with unmatched depth and breadth of expertise and an innovative spirit in solving the unique challenges faced by associations. Naylor also delivers valuable insights through its customized client portals that provide real-time feedback and advanced analytics. Founded in 1969, today, Naylor serves more than 1,600 associations across 80+ industries. Our headquarters are in McLean, Va. with additional offices in Alpharetta, Ga.; Gainesville, Fla.; Schaumburg, Ill.; and Winnipeg, Manitoba. For more information, visit https://naylor.com.
Dani Mihalic, Director of Marketing
Naylor Association Solutions