- Note: Flash SWF file types may not populate on Mobile devices. Web browsers may no longer support Flash.
- Due to recent changes in the online advertising industry, we strongly suggest not submitting ads in Flash (.SWF) format.
- Creative accepted in most Websites: JPG / GIF / SWF* (Some ad sizes DO NOT accept Flash. See exclusions below.)
- Movie files are NOT accepted. No MP4, AVI, MOV.
- Max file size 100 KB.
- File must created/saved in RGB color mode. (Most digital graphics and photos are already in RGB mode; check this by viewing the file properties.)
- File must be a minimum 72 dpi.
- Animation must be no longer than 25 seconds (this includes multiple loops).
- Animation should stop on the last frame OR a stop action will be applied. No continuous loops.
- If supplying SWF*, ALL Flash files must follow the Flash specifications below for proper operation with our system and reporting stats.
- Font size should be a minimum of 10 pts for legibility purposes depending on the font family.
Standard Ad Sizes:
Here are a few available standard sizes. Association Websites have numerous custom ad sizes and restrictions. To make sure that you have the correct specs, please contact your Naylor Sales Representative or reference the media kit. Click the ad sizes below to view. Feel free to download samples.
Flash ActionScript 3.0 Specifications – Association Website Ads
Due to recent changes in the online advertising industry, we strongly suggest not submitting ads in Flash (.SWF) format.
- Download the Flash button file and follow the instructions exactly (see instructions below)
- We do not accept non-Adobe product SWF files generated from third party flash animation generators (For example, Swish).
- SWF file must be accompanied with the Adobe FLA working and supporting files.
- Fonts need to be embedded within the animation.
- Bitmaps/images should have “smoothing enabled” for best render quality.
- Avoid transparency issues with web pages by creating a bottom layer and draw a solid filled box. Do not use Flash default stage color.
- Infinite loop is not allowed. Stop action is mandatory after 25 seconds and must land on the last frame with information on it. No blank screens.
Flash ActionScript 3.0 Button Instructions:
- Remove local button actions in your working FLA file
- Download the button file above and open the “AS3_NNBTN.fla” button file
- In the Timeline Panel, select and highlight both ActionScript layer and Button layer
- Right click on your mouse and copy both layers
- Open your working FLA file and lock all the layers
- Paste both the ActionScript and Button layers on top so both are primary layers
- Select the invisible button on the Stage, then resize the invisible button to cover the size of the ad
- Make sure the Button and ActionScript are constant throughout ad by adding frames in the Timeline.
- DO NOT edit the button other then resizing it. DO NOT edit the action script or add any URLs.
- Publish as ActionScript 3.0, Flash Player 10 or higher
For digital magazine flash ad specifications, please click here. Due to recent changes in the online advertising industry, we strongly suggest not submitting ads in Flash (.SWF) format.
If you have questions or encounter problems that can’t be answered by this site, please call us at (800) 665-2456 and ask for one of our digital services representatives who will be happy to help you.