McLEAN, Va. —Naylor Association Solutions announces a new offering for associations interested in influencing government policy and regulations affecting their industry: Naylor Government Affairs. Previously offered only to clients of Naylor’s WJ Weiser association management division, this new service will offer advocacy services such as grassroots member mobilization, strategic alliance development, and legislative tracking at the local, state and federal levels to trade and professional associations from any industry.
“Virtually all associations have some form of a government affairs need — sometimes managed by an internal team, sometimes an external team and sometimes a combination,” said Alex DeBarr, president and CEO for Naylor. “Our government affairs team is comprised of experienced policy-minded individuals with a passion for helping associations do the research and mobilize stakeholders so that their members can thrive within the bounds of their industry’s regulatory environment.”
While government affairs is a new service under the Naylor label, Naylor’s WJ Weiser team, has been helping clients secure legislative reforms for more than 27 years. The Weiser Government Affairs team has been competently building political capital on behalf of many organizations at the local, state and federal levels, and looks forward to offering their informed assistance with legislative affairs to the entire association market.
“Our team dedicates itself to expanding our depth of understanding of the issues and opportunities associations face as they work to enhance their industry,” said Kevin Daley, director of Naylor Government Affairs. “With a solid knowledge of how the nation’s regulatory bodies work at every level, plus proven experience with getting members aware and excited about advocating for their association and industry, our team is an ideal partner for associations looking to push their agenda forward.”
“Bring your advocacy goals to our team,” Daley continued. “We’ll take care of the rest.”
The Naylor Government Affairs team helps associations reach their legislative and regulatory goals in six main areas:
- Member mobilization: Working with association staff to create meaningful member involvement through grassroots advocacy and relatable education activities.
- Strategic alliance development: Forming partnerships, alliances and coalitions with like-minded organizations and government officials advocating for the same changes.
- Legislative and regulatory tracking: Measuring dynamic legislative action regarding political issues important to an association.
- Legislative training: Helping association representatives build the speaking and interpersonal skills needed to confidently build relationships with elected government officials, committees, and allies.
- Political Action Committee (PAC) management: Assisting with every aspect of running an effective PAC including IRS/Federal Election Commission/state campaign finance registration, drafting bylaws, solicitation communications, slate development, disbursement trips and FEC reporting.
- Policy research and development: Conducting policy research and writing model language that educates members about all policies affecting the industry.
Naylor is the leading provider of engagement and revenue generation services through its outsourced software, communications, events and management services, which it provides to the trade and professional association market in the U.S. and Canada.
– 30 –
About Naylor Association Solutions
Celebrating 50 years in the association community, Naylor builds strong trade and professional associations by delivering solutions that engage members and generate non-dues revenue. We offer a comprehensive set of solutions, including communications strategy, print and digital communications, full service event management, advertising, sponsorships and exhibit sales, career centers, online learning, association management, and association management software (AMS). Our expertise and breadth of services help us see opportunities others miss, and our commitment to excellent customer service fuels our passion to help associations achieve more success. Naylor’s headquarters is located in McLean, Va. with additional offices in Alpharetta, Ga.; Gainesville, Fla.; Hunt Valley, Md.; Schaumburg, Ill.; and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Visit www.naylor.com for more information.