HISTORY AND CULTURE
Built on a strong foundation of hardworking individuals who displayed a commitment to excellence, honesty, integrity, ongoing improvement and exceptional customer service, Naylor is driven by these same principles today. Since 1969, Naylor’s mission has been to build image by providing the finest products and services to associations everywhere. Over the years, we have expanded products and services and added expertise and offices – all for the sole purpose of effectively serving the association marketplace.
NAYLOR CORE OPERATING VALUES
- We are committed to honesty and integrity as the defining principles upon which all business practices are based.
- We are committed to ongoing improvement. We’re willing to change the way we do business, we’re committed to state-of-the-art technology and to being progressive.
- We are committed to excellence. We have high standards. We believe in paying attention to the details, and we have pride in the products and services we deliver.
- We are committed to exceptional customer service. We’re concerned about meeting the needs of both our associations and our advertisers and creating value for both.
- We are committed to strategically focused goals and initiatives. We set goals, but we’re willing to change direction to meet market demands. We have a strong emphasis on growth, and we’re committed to the long run financially.
- We are committed to promoting a fun and caring work environment. This includes allowing for a balanced life, being respectful of people and their needs, making people feel special and valuing them.
- We are committed to developing a professional team and to providing a professional work environment. That includes a commitment to having a learning environment that is solution driven, and it means that we are concerned with our image in the quality of products we produce, our phone manners, our attitude, etc.
- We are committed to state-of-the-art management practices. We want our managers to be able to make decisions quickly, to have open communication and to allow for creativity.
A LOOK BACK – THE NAYLOR TIMELINE
- 1969 Brent Naylor establishes Naylor Publications in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- 1974 Michael Moss joins Naylor
- 1975 First association magazine published on Naylor printing press
- 1994 Naylor teams up with Dr. John Wyman, former vice president of marketing for AT&T, and Dr. Richard Lutz of the University of Florida to sharpen our focus on strategic planning and customer service. The decision is made to move corporate headquarters to Gainesville, Florida
- 1999 A defining moment in company culture occurs when Naylor formalizes and strengthens its Mission, Vision and Operating Values
- 2000 Michael Moss becomes President and CEO
- 2001 Winnipeg production facilities become ISO 9001 Certified
- 2004 A new 57,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility is opened in Gainesville as a result of a $9 million expansion
- 2005 Clarity Partners and ZelnickMedia Announce Acquisition of Naylor Publications
- 2006 Media industry veteran, Alex DeBarr, is appointed President and CEO
- 2007 Naylor expands new media operations in Atlanta, Georgia and acquires Convention Management Group, a full-service trade show and event management company based in Fairfax, Virginia
- 2009 Naylor celebrates 40 years in business
- 2010 Naylor develops marketing and design services with the creation of Association Marketing & Design Group
- 2012 Naylor begins offering video-based communications to associations, and also acquires a leader in appointment-based events, Global Exchange Events.