- Great for eNewsletters.
- You can choose the level of compression to control the quality of a JPEG file.
- Cross-platform, operation system and Web browser friendly.
- Supports millions of colors.
- Shows on all Mobile devices.
- Banner space is limited, so good marketing content in the ad will make the ad effective.
- Can be converted to RGB.
- A flattened JPEG file can’t be re-worked or edited. A JPEG files requires the working file for editing.
- If not compressed properly, images set at highest quality will take longer to load on a Web page.
- Can animate to create effective ads. Keep in mind your marketing strategy focus when using animation.
- GIFs are supported on most Web browsers.
- Shows on most mobile devices but may take time to download.
- When saved on the highest resolution can be effective.
- Contains up to 256 colors.
- If the file is too large, colors will be reduced for best compression.
- Not acceptable for eNewsletters because email services see these files as SPAM, and will block the GIF from populating in the newsletter. It will show up as an “X.”
- Although there are more options regarding compression level, the more you reduce the colors, the worse the quality of the ad – details will be lost.
- Cannot edit GIFs because the files contain non-editable layers. Requires the original Photoshop file.
- Animation requires additional frames in the file, which increases the file size. Animation can be done but focusing on concise marketing content is important.
Due to recent changes in the online advertising industry, we strongly suggest not submitting ads in Flash (.SWF) format.
- Supports millions of colors.
- Can animate or can be interactive to create an effective ad and enhance the viewer’s experience.
- Powerful compression ratio reduces file size considerably.
- Will populate on websites or OBGs if the Web browser supports Flash.
- If the agency/advertiser follows Naylor’s special Flash coding, the banner will report accurately with MIS/CITRIX and our ad server, or populate on the website or OBG.
- Must download or have a Flash plugin and keep it updated to view SWF files.
- Does not support Apple iOS mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.).
- Will not populate in eNewsletters.
- If the agency/advertiser doesn’t follow naylor’s Flash guidelines, or if they are not informed of Naylor’s preferred Flash coding, the banner will not report properly, and will show zero clicks.
- Fonts not embedded properly can cause viewing issues.
Third Party Tags
- Third Party Tags load a banner or tracking text directly from the agency or client’s dedicated server.
- Collects data about impressions, clicks and other anonymous information for the agency or client’s tracking purposes.
- Can integrate ads, videos, Web analytics or other social media types.
- Naylor accepts 1×1 tracking pixels for eNewsletters.
- Troubleshooting is difficult because the ad is being handled by the third party vendor.
- We cannot edit or fix these types of ads. Requires new tags from the agency or client.
- Renewed from order ads may require new tags if the ad has been updated by the agency/client.