PRINT AD SPECIFICATIONS
Standard Magazine Size
Book Trim Size: 8.375″ x 10.875″ / 50p3 x 65p3
|DPS bleed||102p x 66p9||17 x 11.125|
|DPS||92p6 x 57p||15.417 x 9.5|
|FP bleed||51p9 x 66p9||8.625 x 11.125|
|FP||42p x 57p||7 x 9.5|
|2/3 horizontal||42p x 38p||7 x 6.333|
|2/3 vertical||27p6 x 57p||4.583 x 9.5|
|1/2 horizontal||42p x 27p6||7 x 4.583|
|1/2 vertical||27p6 x 42p||4.583 x 7|
|1/2 long vertical||20p x 57p||3.333 x 9.5|
|1/3 horizontal||42p x 18p||7 x 3|
|1/3 vertical||13p x 57p||2.166 x 9.5|
|1/3 square||27p6 x 27p6||4.583 x 4.583|
|1/4 horizontal||27p6 x 20p||4.583 x 3.333|
|1/4 vertical||20p x 27p6||3.333 x 4.583|
|1/4 banner||42p x 13p||7 x 2.166|
|1/6 horizontal||27p6 x 13p||4.583 x 2.166|
|1/6 vertical||13p x 27p6||2.166 x 4.583|
|1/6 banner***||42p x 8p6||7 x 1.416|
|1/8 horizontal||20p x 13p||3.333 x 2.166|
|1/8 vertical||13p x 20p||2.166 x 3.333|
|1/12 horizontal*||13p x 12p6||2.166 x 2.083|
|1/16 banner||13p x 9p6||2.166 x 1.583|
|Classified logo**||3p x 8p
4p x 4p
8p x 3p
|.5 x 1.333
.666 x .666
1.333 x .5
Roster Directory Size
Book Trim Size: 5.75″ x 8.5″ / 34p6 x 51p
|DPS bleed||70p6 x 52p6||11.75 x 8.75|
|DPS||64p6 x 45||10.75 x 7.5|
|FP bleed||36p x 52p6||6 x 8.75|
|FP||30p x 45p||5 x 7.5|
|2/3 horizontal||30p x 29p6||5 x 4.916|
|1/2 horizontal||30p x 22p||5 x 3.666|
|1/2 vertical||14p x 45p||2.33 x 7.5|
|1/3 horizontal||30p x 14p||5 x 2.333|
|1/3 vertical||14p x 29p6||2.33 x 4.916|
|1/4 horizontal||30p x 10p||5 x 1.666|
|1/4 vertical||14p x 22p||2.333 x 3.666|
|1/6 horizontal||14p x 14p||2.333 x 2.333|
|1/8 horizontal||14p x 10p||2.333 x 1.666|
|1/10 banner||14p x 6p||2.333 x 1|
|* only for some books/upgraded classified/listing|
COLOR AND GREYSCALE ART (PHOTOGRAPHS)
All scanned artwork must be scanned between 300 to 600 Dots Per Inch (DPI). The images should not be scaled beyond 75% and 125% of the image’s original size.
Example of Scanning Resolutions
When an image is scanned at a low resolution the pixels are larger and must represent larger pieces of the original, resulting in less picture detail, less color information, and an obvious degradation in the quality of reproduction. On the other hand, scanning at too high a resolution will be counterproductive; the file size of the scanned image will be unnecessarily large, causing longer process time at the RIP, with no gain in the quality of the printed halftone.
All work should be in the CMYK (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black) mode, as this is the mode required for the printing process. If an RGB (Red/Green/Blue) file is submitted, it must be converted to CMYK. When the conversion takes place, color shifts can occur and Naylor will do our best to reproduce as close of a match to your printed output as possible.
LINE ART (BLACK AND WHITE LOGOS, TYPE)
All Line Art should be scanned at 600 dpi for the best quality output, otherwise, you risk a “jaggy” appearance in the printed image.
- All digital Greyscale and Color art should be @ 300 DPI.
- The following digital file types will be accepted; TIFF, EPS, High Resolution JPEG.
- Vector artwork (i.e. Illustrator, etc) should be saved in an EPS format with fonts and images embedded, or all images and fonts must be supplied.
- All screen and printer fonts must be provided.
- We will substitute with similar fonts if originals are not submitted.
- Text can be converted to outlines, but if proofing errors are discovered, new art may need to be submitted.
* Images from the web are not suitable for printing.
These specifications are to be used in conjunction with your chosen ad size.
- Emulsion of down, right sided
- Ink density of 280-300
- Output resolution of 2032 DPI at 150 LPI
- Full Page Bleed, Trim and Live Area (Full Page Ad, Full Size Book)
- Bleed Size – 51p9 x 66p9 (8 5/8″ x 11 1/8″)
- Trim Size – 50p3 x 66p3 (8 3/8 ” x 10 7/8″)
- Live Area – 42p x 58p (Live area will vary with the amount you need to print).
Please be wary of the binding type and page location that you have selected for your ad.